Jisho Dictionary Guide – Famous Japenese Dictionary
What is Jisho and what it can do for you?
Jisho is a Japanese dictionary that can be used to look up the meaning of Japanese words. It can also be used to find the correct way to write a Japanese word in Kanji, Hiragana, or Katakana. Most importantly, it is available for free and can be accessed from any computer with an internet connection.
It can help you to quickly look up the meaning of unknown words, and you can check your understanding of previously learned vocabulary. If you are studying for the JLPT, Jisho can also be a helpful tool for reviewing vocabulary. Overall, Jisho has become a valuable resource for anyone who is learning Japanese.
Some Valuable Information regarding Jisho dictionary
Jisho contains over 200,000 entries and is constantly updated with new entries and definitions. . This Japanese dictionary also offers a range of other resources, such as grammar tips, sample sentences, and links to other useful sites. Most importantly, Ji-sho also has a helpful community of users who can offer advice and guidance on language learning
Do you also want to know: What is Poe Ninja?
How to use Jisho to find the right word for your needs?
Jisho is easy to use. You can either search for a word using the Japanese writing system, or you can use the rōmaji (romanized Japanese) version of the word. If you are not sure how to write a certain word in Japanese, you can also search for it using the English alphabet.
For example, if you want to find the word for “cat” in Japanese, you can either search for “Neko” or “猫”. If you are not sure how to write “cat” in Kanji, you can also type in “cat” into the search bar and Ji-sho will show you the correct way to write it.
You can also use the “Advanced Search” feature to find words that match certain criteria. For example, if you want to find a word that contains the kanji 猫 but you don’t know the meaning of the word, you can use the “Contains” function to search for it.
If you want to find a word that contains a certain radical, you can use the “Radical” function. Ji-sho also offers a “Stroke Order” function which allows you to see how a particular Kanji is written. This can be helpful when you are trying to learn how to write Kanji correctly.
How to use Jisho in everyday situations?
Here are some everyday situations where Ji-sho can be useful:
- You see a word that you don’t know and you want to quickly look up the meaning.
- You want to check the spelling of a word.
- You want to find out how to write a word in Kanji.
- You want to find a word that has a certain meaning.
- You want to find a word that contains a certain Kanji character.
- You want to see how a particular Kanji is written.
Shirabe Jisho Android App
If you’re looking for a great Japanese dictionary app, we highly recommend checking out Shirabe Ji-sho. It’s available for both Android and iOS, and it’s packed with features that make it an incredibly powerful tool for learning and using Japanese. Some of our favorite features include the ability to look up words by kanji, example sentences, stroke order diagrams, and more. Shirabe Ji-sho is also constantly being updated with new features and improvements, so it’s definitely worth checking out!
Comparison Between “Jisho” and Other Online Dictionaries
There are many other online dictionaries available, such as Jim Breen’s WWWJDIC, but Ji-sho has some unique features that set it apart from the rest.
One of its handy features is where you can paste in text and it will automatically find all the words in it for you! This is a great way to quickly look up the meaning of unknown words.
A comparison between Ji-sho and other online dictionaries would include looking at the number of words each dictionary has, the ease of use, and the price. Jisho is a great option for those who want a quick and easy way to look up Japanese words. It is also free to use, which makes it a good option for those on a budget.
All the Features of Ji-sho
Jisho has many features that make it a valuable resource for Japanese language learners. Here is a list of some of its most useful features:
- Over 200,000 entries – Ji-sho contains over 200,000 entries, making it a great resource for finding the right word for your needs.
- Easy to use – You can either search for a word using the Japanese writing system, or you can use the rōmaji (romanized Japanese) version of the word. If you are not sure how to write a certain word in Japanese, you can also search for it using the English alphabet.
- Advanced Search – The advanced search function allows you to find words that match certain criteria. For example, you can use the “Contains” function to find a word that contains the kanji 猫 (neko), or you can use the “Radical” function to find a word that contains a certain radical.
- Stroke Order – The stroke order function allows you to see how a particular Kanji is written. This can be helpful when you are trying to learn how to write Kanji correctly.
- Free to use – Jisho is free to use, making it a great option for those on a budget.
- One of its handy features is where you can paste in text and it will automatically find all the words in it for you! This is a great way to quickly look up the meaning of unknown words.
- Some benefits of using Ji-sho include being able to quickly look up words without having to install any software, and being able to see example sentences for each word.
- Some features of Jisho include the ability to search for both Japanese and English words, as well as the ability to bookmark words and save them for later review.
What does mean by Jisho in Japanese?
Jisho is a Japanese word meaning “dictionary.” It can be used as both a noun and a verb. As a noun, it refers to an actual dictionary, while as a verb it means to look up words in a dictionary. Ji-sho can also be used as an adjective to describe something that is related to dictionaries or the process of looking things up in dictionaries.
ji-sho can also be used as a suffix to indicate that something is related to dictionaries or the process of looking things up in dictionaries. For example, jisho-jo (dictionary building) would be a place where dictionaries are made, and jisho-ka (dictionary lover) would be someone who loves dictionaries.
Is Jisho down?
If you’re trying to access Ji-sho and it’s not working, there are a few potential reasons why. It could be that the site is down for maintenance, or there could be an issue with your internet connection. If you’re still having trouble after checking those things, you can try contacting Ji-sho’s customer support team for help.
Conclusion about Jisho
Jisho is a great online dictionary for Japanese language learners of all levels. Whether you are just starting out or are already proficient in Japanese, Jisho is an essential tool for anyone wishing to improve their language skills. It is easy to use and contains a wealth of valuable information. If you are looking for an online dictionary to help you with your Japanese studies, Jisho is definitely worth checking out!